Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Just Do It

With Microsoft trying out "Be What's Next," I thought it a good time to look back at a truly successful slogan which has become ubiquitous in today's vocabulary.  In 20 years, will we say to one another, "Be what's next?"  Sounds strange right now, but time will tell.  Today I spent time with two people who influence my life on a daily basis.  Both have Nike connections which explains the title of today's post.  John is quite possibly the most focused individual I know.  After our one hour meeting, I realized how much work I have to complete prior to the start of the next school year.  Yes, I know the units I will be teaching, but I haven't tried nearly hard enough to infuse my Israel experience into them.  Time to revisit Prezi, Animoto, and Wallwisher.  In many ways, John is my Livestrong bracelet personified.  Wearing the bracelet is easy, living the bracelet requires strength, discipline, and focus.

After meeting with John, I had lunch with my 87 year old friend Henry.  Henry works out for sixty minutes a day....two sessions of 30 minutes each.  That should be enough motivation.  An 87 year old is working out an hour a day.  What are you waiting for?  Two thirty minute workouts a day.  Just do it.....or you won't make it to "be what's next."

No comments:

Post a Comment